Tuesday 23 September 2014

No Satnav for Heaven

Tuesday lunch club at St Mary’s church today was busy, poor Margaret was having to cope with only two staff, so some of the diners mucked in and gave a hand and everyone had a lovely hot dinner.
Brian and Pat took the little service afterward, we sang a few hymns and then had a Who wants to be a Millionaire quiz, it was based on the TV show needless to say we did very well but blew it on the £64.000 question. Afterwards he read out a poem from a magazine which went as follows:

I have a little Satnav, it sits there in my car
A satnav is a driver's friend, it tells you where you are.
I have a little satnav, I've had it all my life
It’s better than the normal ones, my satnav is my wife.
It gives me full instructions, especially how to drive.
"It's thirty miles an hour", it says, "you're doing thirty five."
It tells me when to stop and start and when to use the brake
And tells me that it's never ever safe to overtake.
It tells me when a light is red and when it goes to green
It seems to know instinctively just when to intervene.
It lists the vehicles just in front and all those to the rear
And taking this into account, it specifies my gear.
I'm sure no other driver has so helpful a device,
For when we leave and lock the car it still gives its advice.
It fills me up with counselling, each journey's pretty fraught.
So why don't I exchange it and get a quieter sort?
Ah well, you see, it cleans the house, makes sure I'm properly fed,
It washes all my shirts and things and keeps me warm in bed!
Despite all these advantages and my tendency to scoff,
I do wish that, once in a while, I could turn this Satnav off.

I think quite a few of the gentlemen could relate to this J

Brian explained though that Jesus is the only way, we can’t trust in anything or anyone else to save us and give us eternal life it is only through Jesus. He is the only way we can be forgiven by God for our sins, He alone can give us freedom, light and life.


£64,000 can’t buy you forgiveness, joy, peace and eternal life, all the books on self-help can’t give you forgiveness, joy and peace, if you truly want help then Jesus is the only way, in Him you will have forgiveness of sin, joy, peace and eternal life, now that’s real treasure.


Jesus said 
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life
No one comes to the Father except through me".
John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment