Saturday 19 April 2014

A New Walk

When my children were young we used to play a game called, I went for a walk and while I was walking, the idea being that the first person would say something you would see outside, ie car, the next would add theirs ie daffodil and so on, and each time you had to remember every one, the winner being the last one who remembered them all. It was really good fun.

I went for a walk for a couple of hours the other day and I was thinking about this while I was walking in relation to my life: I went for a walk and while I was walking all around I saw play, bullying, abuse, work, sadness, hatred,  bitterness, envy, strife, debt, divorce, (need I go on)? 

And then I thought of my own life and what was in it, I went for a walk and while I was walking I saw, love, children, laughter, happiness, pain, sorrow, adultery, divorce, sin, shame, guilt……darkness.

I went for a walk and while I was walking I saw a cross, a crown of thorns, sweat, blood, taunting, anger, hatred, mocking, cruelty, curses, whipping, spitting, blasphemy, death, darkness, the Son of God, love, grace, mercy...


I went for a walk and while I was walking I saw Jesus.
I went for a walk and while I was walking I asked Him for forgiveness,

We went for a walk and while we were walking I experienced, love, joy, forgiveness, peace, light, new life, eternal life. We went for a walk and while we were walking I stumbled, faltered, doubted, I asked for help. We went for a walk and while we were walking He was gentle, kind, compassionate, long suffering, forgiving, He answered my prayer.

We went for a walk and while we were walking we saw lost souls in darkness.


Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12


We went for a walk, and we’re still walking, care to join us?

 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin1 John 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment